Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chapter 4: Dan makes untold discoveries on PIE

Dan of Green Gables and some new pals. Why, I do declare that I am the luckiest little Oztrayan orphan boy that ever did exist. The day before the day before today, Tasha, who you will recall is one of my two new Moms, showed me how to put my hair in braids and introduced me to some new pals. There was Tweet, who likes to hula; The Nibbler, who likes an extra hour to finish her food; Segway who says he is a Beavarian from Munich and the Silver Fox, who just loves churches and taking pictures of other foxes. Then Mom loaded us up into a magic machine that sped around PIE even faster than I can cycle. We went here, we went there, there wasn't a stone we didn't upturn on my new island home. First morning, we met Allister and his oysters at Raspberry Point. He was mighty nice, wore plastic dungrees up to his chin and jumped in the lake occasionally to show us his friends. They're pretty dumb if ya ask me, don't say a lot.
But if you eat them a lot then you have to get married and have kids. Then in the afternoon, Mom took us to see Dick and Andrew and their magnificent flying machine, made in 1866, they said. It looked just like a big bird but you could climb inside and then Andrew tickled it a bit and it gave a big roar and started to rattle along and off into the air. Mom gave out a little shriek and I don't mind telling ya I made an indisgression but soon we were above PIE and you could see all the fields and cows and hay bales and little towns and lighthouses in miniature. It was sooo pretty and we could see everybody going about their business and about 50 seals too. We even flew over the Confederate Bridge, which links the island with a place they call "away". I scarce know how to tell ya this but this little orphan even got a chance to drive the machine - Mom letting out another woop as I harmlessly skimmed the tree tops. Later at the second biggest smoke on the island, Summerside, we met the stickman, whose whole intent is to show you what not to do in life and got on another amazing machine which skoots along the boardwalks like you're walking on air. It's called a Segway and we named the Beavarian after it as he liked it so much, even though he did want to keep touching wheels, which the stickman knows is just plain wrong. By now the sun was out and the island was basking in it like a donut coated in maple syrup - it was the most beautiful sight I think I ever did see, especially when we got to a place called Victoria by the Sea, where the cloud was squirted against the sky like whipped cream and it was all reflected in the harbour like the water was a mirror or such like. Oh what a day for me and my pals, I don't mind telling ya I was plain exhausted by the end and went to bed and slept and slept and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment