Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chapter 7: Dan of Green Gables heads back to Oztraya

Dear Mom(s), It is with heavy heart I write this epistal. I did my best to be the girl you wanted but she were too hard an act to follow. She was smarter, funnier, and more girly than I could ever be. More Anne than Dan could ever be. More Green. More Gabley. I'm sorry Mom, I know you took me in like I was your own and that I let you down by cussing about that Anne. But now, having had the time of my life on Prince Edward's Island, it is finally time for Dan to head on home. To Charlotte Bay, not Charlottetown. But Mom(s) you did me proud, made this poor little orphan boy from Oztraya feel like he belonged here, gave him copious lobster suppers, showed him how to braid his hair, slipped him the odd (Virgin) Caesar and introduced to him to the Nibbler, Segway, Tweet and the Silver Fox, not to mention all dem nice neighbours who came to the River Delta to meet. What can I say, Mom(s) but I will be back. Cleverer, more growed up and maybe just a bit more Gabley next time. Maybe for a BIG adversary next year, ya never know. Until then may your Cows keep mooing ice-cream, your traps be full of crosstations and little Anne Shirley (with the fierce temper) come home to you soon. Yours frightfully, Dan of Green Gables.

No comments:

Post a Comment